Thursday, July 18, 2013

Spiraling Memories Recalled


Swirling sands of time

quickly filtering through my mind,

inundating my heart with memories of

sadness and happiness intertwined.


Seeds of remembrance germinated,

introducing tears not waited.


My skin recoils but still recalling,

his sweet kisses were not stalling.


Can such prominence overwhelm a heart

with such titillation?

noting his masterful lips were high station.


He waited not for my displeasure,

as I always gave with full measure.


My words bounced off him without a sound,

as he slowing laid me on the ground.


With warriors waiting on mounts,

he gave not thought---only recounts.


Of his great love safely in his chest,

waiting for his return to test.


He never gave up his warrior heart,

to the enemy---even in death did it depart.


The day his men brought him home,

my heart died---for now it was alone.


I cleansed the blood from his sword,

and emptied sweet red wine from his gourd.


I kept his gourd and traced where once

his sweet lips drank,

my fingertips were frank.


Such memories I could bury deep,

if our son did not resemble him asleep.


Of all the gifts he gave,

I love only my little warrior brave.


Time is the enemy of all mankind,

ticking away with no design.


I crave the journeys we had eons ago,

even in the blizzards and deep snow.


He wrapped me deep in furs with my

naked body next to his,

to keep us warm and alive---no shame---just is.


Many trips and miles roamed,

now I crave him homed.


Dust to dust we are born then die,

with never time to say a full goodbye.


Now living for my child,

I will see you my darling in a little while.


When he is a man so strong,

he will not feel wrong,

when his mother is gone.


So only then will I come to where I belong,

happily singing our love song.


© BEPH 2013 All Rights Reserved



PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this poem and if it is seen anywhere else on
the Internet or in print it was taken without my consent.

Do You Really Love Him? : Click the Link below for More Poems
http://doyoureallylovehim.blogspot.com/                 

No comments:

Post a Comment