Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Darling Revisited

 I stood on the frozen ground,
I heard not a sound.

I stood forever it seems---just looking down,
To where my Darling rested---I felt him all around.

1710’s worst storm on the sea,
Stole my Darling---away from me.

His crew rescued his body from his salty grave,
They were so brave.

Now the “Blue Whale” sails without him,
It rides the rough sea---I watched it sail away
---until it grows dim.

I talk to him every day,
Praying he will return and take me away.

Our baby grows within me---it will be a son,
It’s sad no siblings for him---there are none.

On our isolated mountain overlooking the murderous ocean,
The briny waves bellows with white foam in their angry motion.

I wait in my dreams so he will reappear,
To lie with me in our love bed and hold me near.

His strong hand gently caresses our unborn child,
So softly he touches me---it makes me smile.
 
The night is ours to be alone,
We live in our dream world---our only life zone.

When the sun rises---I watch and wait,
For the sunset---daylight I hate.

Only the “Neptune God of the Sea” can give him life,
So he can live with his child and wife.

I sit on a rock under the Cedar Tree,
I wait for him to bring my Darling back to me.


© BEPH 2014 All Rights Reserved


PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this poem and if it is seen anywhere else on
the Internet or in print it was taken without my consent.

Do You Really Love Him? : Click the Link below for More Poems
http://doyoureallylovehim.blogspot.com/                      

No comments:

Post a Comment